Types Of Toilet Seats
With so many different types of toilet seats, brands, types and models on the market these days you wonder why it’s hard to choose which one to buy. There shapes are round to elongated made from plastics to solid wood, different colors to plain white. You can even choose if like a soft closing lid and seat or old standard slam the lid up when in a hurry type. As you can see there are many different factors to consider when choosing your next toilet seat. Shape, mounting option, material and style are the main considerations for toilet seats. Whether you choose round or oval, plastic or wooden, your toilet seat should complement your bathroom decor. Below is a guide on different one’s to get a bit of a idea what is out there on the market.
How To Measure For A Toilet Seat
There are two different toilet shapes to consider when looking. Round toilet seats and elongated toilet seats. Round toilet seats are standard in most homes and they’re the toilet seats you typically see most often. Elongated toilet seats are becoming more popular as they have a long oval shape making more room. Before you go shopping for you new toilet seat best to find out if you have a round or elongated toilet bowl. For more information about it click Here for more.
What Are Toilet Seats Made From?
Plastic Toilet Seats- Most toilet seats are made of a high-impact plastic or a plastic coating over composite wood. Plastic seats are available in white, black and several pastel colors. Plastic toilet seats can be very cold in winter and they are more likely to split and tend to show marks from cleaning.
Solid And Molded Wood Seats- Natural wood is warmer but it can be stained or damaged by many bathroom cleaners. The seat is normally designed better then there counter plastics and are bit more durable. Molded wood seats are durable due to its compression mold design and at the same time features a subtle style and elegance to the toilet. This also makes it comfortable as it fits traditional toilets most households own.
Types Of Toilet Seats
People prefer their own specific toilet seat type based on their own experiences. Some people like heated toiled seats while others like a specific brand of toilet seat. Below is a outline of some different seats used for different reasons.
Raised Toilet Seats- It is a common misconception that only the elderly use raised toilet seats. Many individuals with various disabilities and joint movement disability need raised toilet seats to help them. Tall people also purchase these seats to help them install a toilet that is of perfect height. People who have posture issues can also benefit from these seats to.
Heated Toilet Seats- Many people like the fact that heated toilet seats give them that warmth feeling in the winter months. In times when cold winter season arrives a very inviting heated toilet seat is an alternative to the ordinary cold plastic one. Most people are familiar with the cold and numbing feeling of a plastic toilet seat so we can understand why more and more are being installed.
Bidet Toilet Seats- Another method to clean yourself is to use water. Bidet seats enable you to clean your sensitive areas without using toilet paper. Below is a few more benefits of using bidet:
- Bco-friendly. Many trees are being cut down year after year across the world to make toilet paper. By choosing to use bidet toilet seats instead of toilet paper you can help reduce toilet paper consumption.
- Can be more hygienic by using water. You can stop the spread of germs because you are not spreading bacteria across a certain area.
- Any medical conditions that enables you to use your arms or hands can help as it’s all just push button operation. People who have hemorrhoids trust bidets because of less abrasion to their sensitive area.
- New mothers and women deal with menstrual periods. Instead of using toilet paper can use water which will make them feel more cleaner.
- Can help carer’s as part of there job are asked for wiping and assistance. It lowers the senior’s self –esteem when they do this. They do not want to depend on someone when they use a toilet. A bidet can help them restore confidence and regain some sort of independence.
As you can see there are a lot of different types toilet seat and why it becomes a personnel choice when replacing one. Special toilet seats are designed for different jobs like from having a raised toilet seat which can help the elderly getting on and off the seat to a toilet seat from having a hip replacement. We hope this article has helped on you for your next purchase.